Scholarships and Community Initiatives
Since 1993, Friends of Trinity has distributed over $3 million in grants, in addition to over $10,000 each year in scholarship monies.
Some of our previous grants include:
- $500,000 Patient Lift Assist Equipment (2007- 2009)
- $250,000 Trinity Rock Island lobby remodeling
- $250,000 Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- $500,000 Trinity Daycare Center
Each year the Friends of Trinity awards over $10,000 in scholarships to the following categories of students and professionals:
- $10,000 in scholarships is awarded to Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences students
- $1,000 is awarded to Iowa and Illinois hospital associations for health care professionals
- $1,000 is awarded to high school students enrolled in the Health Occupations program
Besides financial support, the Friends of Trinity supports patients and the community through various programs and opportunities:
- Friends of Trinity Caring Closet, providing clothing to patients in need when they are released from the hospital.
- Baby Photo Program
- Handmade baby blankets, hats and prayer shawls
- Handmade Cool Bears
For more information, please contact the Friends of Trinity office at (309) 779-2343.
The Dorothy Grachek Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to honor the memory of the late Dorothy Grachek, a Trinity Volunteer who was legendary for her dedication to outstanding customer service. She was known throughout the hospital for her kind words, lovely smile and compassionate actions. The Dorothy Grachek Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually to a student who is a Trinity Volunteer and embodies the same remarkable traits shown by Dorothy during her many years of service.
This scholarship is awarded to a current Trinity Volunteer and all applications must be received to in the Friends of Trinity office by November 1st. Please contact the Friends of Trinity office at (309) 779-2343 if you have any questions.
To download an application packet, please click here.
The Iowa Hospital Assocation Scholarship
Each year, Friends of Trinity Medical Center donate to the Iowa Hospital Education & Research Foundation which grants financial support to students working to become part of the healthcare industry. All applications must be recieved by March 29, 2013. For the 2013 scholarship information and application, please click here.
The Illinois Hospital Assocation Scholarship
In addition, Friends of Trinity Medical Center also donate to the Illinois Hospital Education & Research Foundation which grants financial support to students working to become part of the healthcare industry. All applications must be recieved by April 15, 2013. For the 2013 scholarship information and application, please click here.