At Trinity, we strive to treat more than just the body. Our services include an extensive pastoral department, the Parish Nurse Program that brings nursing experts into area churches and provide information on advance care planning.
Pastoral care provides 24/7 coverage for the Quad-Cities Trinity campuses. Full- and part-time chaplains are on location each weekday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m at Trinity Rock Island. During evening and weekend hours on-call services are available. Referrals can be made through other staff members, including nurses, case managers, dieticians, medical staff and other support staff.
During business hours, chaplains respond to all Code Blue and Trauma Alerts and patient care staffs are strongly encouraged to offer pastoral care to families at the time of a patient death.
The pastoral care department staff responds to the spiritual needs of patients, families and staff through:
- Chaplain visits
- Training and supervision of volunteer visitors
- Spiritually oriented music on the closed circuit system
- Chapel- and unit-based worship services
- Post-crisis staff debriefings
- Perinatal and general grief follow-up care
- Ethics consultations
- Distribution of sacraments
- Participation in unit interdisciplinary staffing
- Facilitates individual advance care planning consultations and makes community presentations promoting the importance of such discussions
- Facilitates the ministry of area clergy to their own parishioners by notifying churches of hospitalized members and providing patient information allowed by HIPPA regulations