What is Occupational Medicine?
Occupational Medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with work-related diseases and injuries incurred at work. Click here
to download our Occupational Medicine brochure.
Trinity Muscatine Occupational Medicine
The Occupational Medicine staff is specifically trained for their role in providing workplace health care services to businesses and industries while promoting the overall health and productivity of workers, their families and communities.
Occupational Medicine Services
- Treatment of work-related injuries
- Job ergonomic analysis and recommendations
- Substance abuse testing using the eScreen™ Screening System
- Collections for urine drug testing
- Breath alcohol testing
- Medical Review Officer (MRO services)
- Hearing conservation
- Pre-employment (post-offer)
- Department of Transportation
- Respiratory clearance
- Disability evaluation
- Screening tests available in-house
- Vision, hearing
- Lab studies
- Blood borne pathogens exposure follow-up
- Safety programs and education
- Specialized screening and wellness
- Expertise in safety, environmental, workplace issues
- Understanding of compliance and regulatory issues facing employers
- Assist in identifying appropriate modified duty
- Prompt communication to employer regarding employee work status
- Communication to employer regarding reschedules and no-shows
- Effective use of experts and rehabilitation services
- Coordination and management of care
- Facilitate specialists referrals, as needed
- Maintain active case management role in referred case
Meet Our Physician
Rhea J. Allen, M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Allen has over 15 years of experience in Occupational Medicine. She has a B.S. in chemical engineering from the University of Iowa and worked in the industry for 5 years before returning to the University to pursue her M.D. Dr. Allen also has a Master of Public Health degree withan emphasis in occupational and environmental medicine.
Hours and Contact
Clinic Hours: 8:00 a.m. - Noon, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Physicians can be reached by pager 24 hours a day at (563) 262-4120 or (563) 264-3220. Ask for your Occupational Medicine doctor.
Trinity Physician Clinics
Department of Occupational Medicine
1616 Cedar Street
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Phone: (563) 262-4120
Fax: (563) 264-3793