Trinity enacts temporary visitor restrictions due to widespread flu activity
January 11, 2013
Given the recent widespread flu activity at Trinity’s Quad-City campuses, the health system is implementing the following visitor restrictions upon the strong recommendations of state departments of public health. The policies are in place effective Jan. 11 until further notice.
· Visitors should NOT come to the hospital if they are ill with upper respiratory symptoms.
· People exhibiting these symptoms who must visit are required to wear a mask.
· No more than two visitors per patient at a time.
· Children under 18 should not visit, including siblings.
· Those visiting patients in isolation for influenza will be limited to persons who are necessary for the patient’s emotional well-being and care.
For more ways to protect against the flu, please visit www.cdc.gov