Comprehensive Joint Care and Total Joint Replacement
For problems of the bones, joints or skeletal muscles that cause pain and disrupt life, then you need the medical experts at Trinity. Click here
to meet our team.
Whether you have joint damage from arthritis, an injury or another degenerative disorder, Trinity's joint team can develop a plan of care that will fit your needs and help you to resume the activities you value most. Our goal is to provide coordinated care, from your first discussions with your doctor about your diagnosis, through treatment and rehabilitation. Click here
to learn about after care.
Trinity provides state-of-the-art orthopaedic care to get you back to an active life style. With two convenient locations in Iowa and Illinois, Trinity offers compassionate, personalized orthopaedic care to patients of all ages.
Joint Replacement Program
Joint replacement has advanced dramatically in recent years, more than 900 joint replacements are performed every year at Trinity.
Trinity's joint program offers patients a "Boot Camp" to educate joint replacement patients about their procedures. The free class - featuring physical therapists, respiratory therapists and nurses - was designed to empower patients with knowledge they can use to hasten their own healing. Participants learn exercises to increase strength and mobility both before and after surgery, as well as receive a journal that outlines daily exercise goals for their stay at Trinity. They also learn how to prepare their home for life after surgery.
For more information contact the pre-surgical teaching department at (309) 779-5960 or visit Your Guide to Surgery
Proven Quality Care
You can rest assured in your choice in Trinity for your knee or hip replacement surgery. Trinity is the only Quad-City hospital with two locations designated as Blue Distinction Center for knee and hip replacement by Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield. The Blue Distinction® designation is designed to help patients choose hospitals with a proven track record for meeting aggressive quality standards.
Blue Distinction designations are awarded to facilities such as Trinity Bettendorf and Trinity Rock Island that have met objective, evidence-based thresholds for clinical quality and safety, developed with input from expert clinicians and leading professional organizations. Medical facilities voluntarily submit clinical data to establish they meet the selection criteria, which include:
- An established knee and hip replacement program, performing required annual volumes for certain procedures
- An experienced knee and hip replacement surgery team, including surgeons with board- certification, subspecialty fellowship training, and required case volumes for knee and hip replacement procedures
- An established acute care inpatient facility, including intensive care, emergency care and a full range of patient support services
- Full accreditation by a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)-deemed national accreditation organization
- A comprehensive quality management program which include:
- Pre-surgical patient education
- Processes that support transitions of care
- Clinical outcomes that meet objective thresholds for specific procedures such as complication rates and length of stay
Trinity is proud to be certified by the Joint Commission Disease-Specific Care
program ensuring our commitment to quality and patient satisfaction.