Vision and Philosophy
Trinity’s Department of Nursing dedicates itself to quality standards and compassionate care through our vision statement and philosophy of practice.
In an environment of patient-centered care, innovative leadership, excellence in nursing practice, education, research and customer service, we are creating a future of distinction which differentiates Trinity nurses from all others.
The hallmarks of Trinity’s professional nursing practice environment reflecting our vision call us to:
- Manifest a philosophy of clinical care emphasizing quality, safety, interdisciplinary collaboration, continuity of care and professional accountability.
- Recognize contributions of nurses’ knowledge and expertise to clinical care quality and patient outcomes.
- Empower nurses’ participation in clinical decision-making and organization of clinical care systems.
- Create clinical advancement opportunities based on education, certification and advanced preparation.
- Attain best-in-class practices using performance indicators that drive effective and efficient care delivery.
- Engage in collaborative relationships with professional colleagues.
- Utilize scientific inquiry and technological innovations to advance clinical care.
- Promote opportunity for leadership development.
- Realize a culture of superior customer service.
- Demonstrate professional development support for nurses.
Philosophy of Nursing Practice
Based on the art and science of the nursing profession, the practice of nursing throughout Trinity Regional Health System is well founded on the nursing process. Our practice promotes expert care to patients and families in order to achieve an optimal level of health. Nursing practice at Trinity extends beyond the traditional hospital environment to support health promotion, wellness, disease prevention and community outreach.
We uphold the sanctity of life and recognize the multi-dimensional aspects of our roles, where the whole person is respected and honored. Cultural, spiritual, psychosocial, physical, environmental and emotional aspects are considered in delivering holistic care. We respect the patient’s right to an individualized plan of care that reflects evidence-based thinking and mutual decision-making. Recognition of diversity and beneficence in practice supports the individuality of care, demonstrating a personal difference to those we serve.
Mindful of the intricate relationship between patient and nurse, care is delivered through the most effective, efficient and compassionate means. The hallmark of our practice is patient safety and the delivery of high quality care. As nurses, we provide a link to health information and tools both to nurture individuals personally, and to foster independence and dignity while furthering the healing process.
Professional practice is demonstrated through our advocacy, collaboration, critical thinking and personal accountability. A commitment to lifelong learning is our basis for competency, leading to excellent clinical results. Further, we are dedicated to developing our practice through research-based findings and technological advances. We nurture one another professionally, creating an environment of mutual respect and collegiality. Guided by the Trinity values of Excellence, Flexibility, Integrity, Responsiveness, Service and Teamwork, we foster partnerships with professional colleagues to achieve desired patient outcomes. We believe the practice of nursing at Trinity bears witness to our mission of patient-centered excellence in service.