Maternal Health Services can help pregnant women in Cedar, Louisa and Muscatine counties. We seek to encourage healthy behavior for mothers in order to deliver healthy babies. Our registered nurse follows the mother's health care throughout her pregnancy. She also can visit after the baby is delivered.
The social worker or nurse can also provide:
- Help with finding a doctor or dentist for medical/dental care
- Help in obtaining health coverage
- Referral to community resources and services
- Health education and support on a variety of topics
- Prenatal education and support
- Nutrition education and support
- Home visits by a registered nurse and/or social worker
- Oral health screenings, fluoride varnish applications, referral to treatment
- Assistance in arranging transportation and translation services
For more information about Maternal Health Services contact: 563-263-0122.
Breast Feeding Classes
Breast Feeding Classes are offered free of charge by our Certified Breast Feeding Educator.
The 2011 class schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, January 25th – 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 26th – 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 26th – 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 25th – 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m.
Classes are free and open to the public.
For more information or to register for a class call our Certified Breast Feeding Educator at 563-263-0122.