Who is a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
To be considered as a candidate for surgery, most insurances require certain criteria be met. The following is a list of qualifications which may apply to you:
- BMI greater than 40.
- BMI of 35 to 39.9 with one or more obesity-related diseases or problems, also know as co-morbid conditions.
- BMI of 30 to 34.9 with two ro more co-morbid conditions for LapBand only. This is the only FDA approved surgical weight loss option for a BMI of 30 to 34.9.
- Documented efforts at weight-loss through a medically safe, well-balanced diet.
- Absence of other medical conditions that would make surgery unsafe.
- A willingness to lose weight and make changes in your eating habits and physical activity.
- Must be willing to stop frequent eating and drinking of high-calorie foods and beverages.
- You must be evaluated by a psychologist trained in bariatric psychology.
- You must be willing to increase physical activity and exercise as weight loss occurs.
- A commitment to yourself and your surgeon to keep regularly scheduled appointments.
Learn more about Trinity’s surgical weight loss solutions by attending one of its monthly seminars.
Click here to view the Trinity Weight Loss Seminar Schedule for 2012
These seminars will be held at the Trinity Moline Campus 500 John Deere Road, Moline, Ill or the Trinity Bettendorf Campus at 4500 Utica Ridge Road, Bettendorf, Iowa.
One of our experienced Surgeons or Program Administrator/Registered Nurse will be presenting on surgical weight loss options. There will be a question and answer session at the end of the presentation. You will have the opportunity to sign up with Trinity's Bariatric Center at the conclusion of the class.
There is a $50.00 non-refundable fee when you sign up for our program. You may pay by cash or check
Trinity’s Bariatric Center will mail you a packet with information prior to the seminar. A support person may attend the seminar for free.
To register for this seminar please contact: Trinity Bariatric Center (309) 779-2500